Driving Towards Circular Economy
- CEFLEX is the collaborative project of a European consortium of companies and associations representing the entire value chain of flexible packaging.
- The Project Mission is to make flexible packaging more relevant to the circular economy by advancing better system design solutions via the collaboration of companies representing the entire value chain.
- The Project Vision
- By 2020 flexible packaging will be recognised for the significant value it adds to the circular economy. This will be achieved by robustly measuring, demonstrating and communicating the resource efficiency, the waste prevention benefits of flexible packaging and its relevance in a circular economy.
- By 2025 there will be an established collection, sorting and reprocessing infrastructure/
economy developed for post-consumer flexible packaging across Europe. This will be based on end of life technologies and processes which deliver the best economic, technical and environmental outcome for a circular economy.
- Project Deliverables
- Project Workstreams
/ What we do
- Downloadable resources
- Organisation & Project Links
CEFLEX News & Events
The APK AG is under the finalists for the Plastics Recycling Awards Europe 2018 in the category "Best Technology Innovation in Plastics Recycling". APK is nominated with its Newcycling® Technology that enables to generate pure, sorted granulates from mixed film...read more
In India, the Brückner Group highlights its 5 key businesses and CEFLEX, a collaboration to boost sustainable packaging production. The participation of the Brückner Group at Plastindia 2018 goes beyond the usual product presentation. At India's biggest...read more
Press Release – CEFLEX: Surge in collaboration boosts support for circular economy solutions for flexible packaging
CEFLEX, the collaborative initiative to increase the collection and recycling of flexible packaging formats below A4 in size, has grown dramatically since its official launch in 2017 at Interpack. The number of participating stakeholders has risen by 56% in the past...read more