Driving Towards Circular Economy
- CEFLEX is the collaborative project of a European consortium of companies and associations representing the entire value chain of flexible packaging.
- The Project Mission is to further enhance the performance of flexible packaging in the circular economy by advancing better system design solutions via collaboration.
- The Project Vision
- By 2020 flexible packaging will be recognised for the significant value it adds to the circular economy. This will be achieved by robustly measuring, demonstrating and communicating the resource efficiency, the waste prevention benefits of flexible packaging and its relevance in a circular economy.
- By 2025 there will be an established collection, sorting and reprocessing infrastructure/
economy developed for post-consumer flexible packaging across Europe. This will be based on end of life technologies and processes which deliver the best economic, technical and environmental outcome for a circular economy.
- Project Deliverables
- Project Workstreams
/ What we do
- Downloadable resources
- Organisation & Project Links
CEFLEX News & Events
What is the role of plastics in a Circular Economy? Why is innovation so important for the transition towards a resource efficient Europe? What is full life cycle thinking? These and other equally challenging questions were on the agenda of the event “Innovation with...read more
Interview with Gerald Rebitzer, Chairman of the CEFLEX Steering Committee – Kunststoffe, August 2017
Focusing on Flexibles An Initiative Aims to Prevent Multi-Layer Packaging from Becoming Waste Flexible films are extremely light-weight, easy to decorate, and are, therefore, often the first choice for packaging material. However, recycling them is considered a...read more
APK plans to set up recycling plants by 2025 together with strategic partners in Europe and South-East Asia in order to strengthen plastics recycling and to reduce global land pollution and marine litter.read more