Discover key insights on how to address and improve mechanical recycling of flexible packaging supported by an emerging business case for infrastructure investment with this webinar.
On 28 October 2021, CEFLEX, stakeholders and partners hosted a webinar to introduce a Quality Recycling Process for flexible packaging to a broader audience.
Over 350 people signed up for the live session from across Europe, North America and Asia and resources presented are now available to share. The session includes:
- Insights from 5 semi-industrial trials and collaborations to produce pouches, shrink films and labels using PE and PP recyclates.
- Financial analysis and an emerging business case to support investment in infrastructure
- Future business opportunities and end market demand for recycled flexible packaging materials
Speakers include: Dana Mosora, CEFLEX – Kim Ragaert, University of Maastricht – Steeven De Meester, University of Gent. Plus members of the Action Team participating in semi-industrial trials: Isabel Arroyo, Dow – Maria Rodriguez, Grupo Lantero – Monica Battistella, Taghleef – Berry Bellert, Attero.
We have made good progress; but this a developing area. We need to continue to push for more, with plans to:
- Further exploring end applications
- Complete a large-scale trial, 25T per bale
- Build an industrial scale demonstration plant
Demonstrating a large scale, economically viable model for mechanical recycling of flexible packaging to incentivise collection and design for recycling of flexible packaging is key.
CEFLEX and the QRP Action Team are looking for partners to co-design, co-fund and own the demonstration plant.
Contact Dana Mosora to discuss further if interested:
Whatever happens, stay in touch with #MissionCircular!