The Circular Economy for Flexible Packaging (CEFLEX) delegation is bringing its technical expertise in flexible packaging and material circularity to help inform the negotiations and accelerate the global transition to a circular economy.
CEFLEX is seeking binding requirements in the treaty to ensure:
- All plastic packaging is designed for recycling
- Targets are set to drive collection, sorting and recycling
- Sustainably funded systems are set up for collection, sorting and recycling of plastic packaging – including flexibles
- INC-2 Recommendations for negotiators from the Circular Economy for Flexible Packaging initiative – CEFLEX
- EPR – a key enabler and coordinator of the circular economy. A criteria for circularity of flexible packaging
- Written submission from CEFLEX: INC on Plastic Pollution. Potential options for elements towards an internationally binding instrument
Contact our delegation and team:
A CEFLEX delegation representative of the complete flexible packaging value chain at the second session in Paris, France, 29 May-2 June 2023 includes material producers, convertors, brands and EPR systems ready to bring their expertise.
CEFLEX is a UNEP-accredited organisation able to attend the INC negotiations and endorses the vision statement of the Business Coalition for a Global Plastics Treaty, convened by WWF and the Ellen MacArthur Foundation.