A public webinar from CEFLEX and stakeholders on 28 October 11 – 12:30 CEST will give key insights on how to address and improve mechanical recycling of flexible packaging supported by an emerging business case for infrastructure investment.
A chicken and egg dilemma in the recycling industry today is maintaining low recycling rates for flexible packaging.
This is linked to the perception that is not possible to have high-quality recycling in flexible packaging and relatively low collection rates, across Europe as a whole.
However, the Quality Recycling Process (QRP) from CEFLEX and stakeholders is capturing new possibilities and economic value from existing technology to change this. Sorting and recycling more – and at a higher value – to drive a circular economy.
In this session:
- Discover key insights from 5 semi-industrial trials and collaborations to produce pouches, shrink films and labels using PE and PP recyclates.
- Learn about the financial analysis and an emerging business case to support investment in infrastructure
- Detect future business opportunities and a wide range of end-market demand for recycled flexible packaging materials
- Dana Mosora, CEFLEX
- Kim Ragaert, University of Maastricht
- Steeven De Meester, University of Gent
- Members of the Action Team participating in semi-industrial trials
Followed by an extensive Q&A.